DXFImported is a tool that allow to import dxf files in Robot. The addins is very fast. Below a screenshot of a project with more than 80000 bars created in about one hour.
– Support for dxf up to 2013
– Support for lines, arcs, polylines, 3d faces
– Linear element can be converted to rigid links
– Face can be generated as cladding or panels
– For every drawing layers user can set section, material for linear element or thickness for planar element
– Save settings to an external file and reopen it for another project (all layers settings are saved).
The addins will be available on the Autodesk App Store.
Take a look at the results file of the project in the image above! It is about 60Giga on the hard drive (for 20 combinations and 200 modes)
Thanks to Eng. Stefano Romeo Pasquini for the images provided.
Next post on thin sections analysis