Available in the subscription center the new Italian Country Kit for Robot Structural Analysis Professional. It contains a new engine composed of six tools for seismic verifications of steel structures according to the Italian Code DM 14/01/2008 and a manual with a detailed verification of a mixed steel structure with eccentric vertical links and some concentric bracings. Chapter 7 of Italian Code, concerning Seismic verifications of Steel Structures, is very similar to the correspondent part of Eurocode 8 (Chapter six).
Summary of the main features:
- Support for Moment Resisting Frames, Concentric Bracing Frames, Eccentric Bracing frames and composite structures
- Automatic joints capacity verifications
- Support for Exceptional and ULS Seismic combinations with different partial safety factors
- Semi-automatic filter of bracings not in tension
- Advanced code parameters allow to disable some verifications for specific bracings (last storey generally)
- Fully automatic printout composition – two levels of details supported, general and detailed
- Eurocode 8 could be used for the generation of the seismic analysis. Time History and Spectral analysis are also supported
Next post will show the seismic verification of a steel structure using Robot Structural Analysis Professional.